Recently, there has been an increase in the number of hacked Instagram profiles. Professional and personal accounts have also become a target for hackerswhich invades accounts to implement other scams, such as fake sales.
Knowing safety tips is one way to prevent yourself. However, unfortunately, no one is 100% protected. So, learn what to do if your account has been hacked.
How do you recognize an invasion?
Attackers are commonly used links Or pretending to be Instagram tech support to gain access to the account. So, the first tip is to be very careful when receiving suspicious links. Always check before clicking on any link sent and never send an access code to your account.
If you click any connection Suspicious, stay alert. Also, if you can’t access your account or notice strange posts, these are great signs that attackers have entered your profile.
What should I do after the invasion?
Instagram has an account recovery feature. To do this, you must have access to the security email or phone number associated with the profile:
- on the home page of Instagram, Click “Forgot your password?” ;
- Then enter the registered email and continue;
- In the next step, enter a contact and change the email. if hacker You also have access to the email associated with the profile, and inform another address;
- After that, you will receive an email in your inbox. Fill out and confirm the application.
- Finally, you have to upload a video Photographon the recommendation of Instagram, To prove that you own the hacked profile. The platform team will send instructions for this step.
After restoring the account, it is necessary to immediately change the password, setting a more complex combination to prevent hacker Access the profile again.
In cases where the attacker changes the phone or e-mail, You need to follow the steps it provides Instagram, Among them is getting to know the account via a video clip Photograph.
Tips for increasing security
In addition to choosing a strong password and not clicking links Suspects, other practices can help protect your account, such as two-step authentication.
With this tool, whenever you make a sign in, In addition to the password, you will need to enter a random code generated by the authentication software. Widely used examples are the Google Authenticator and Authy apps.
Remember to always check the devices connected to your profile, through the Instagram menu. If you notice any suspicious activity, you can remotely disconnect other devices.
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”