Join us Thursday 17 Marchwebinar”Obesity and the economic sustainability of health systems To discuss the impact of obesity on national economies and human capital and effective measures to ensure a longer and healthier life for all, in reference to the World Obesity Day (4 March), which will be its theme in 2022 ‘Everyone needs to act’.
How to participate
- opening words
- Elisa PrietoCoordinator of the Technical Unit on Health Determinants, Chronic Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health – PAHO/WHO Brazil.
- Giuliana RezendeDirector of the Department of Health Promotion of the Brazilian Ministry of Health.
- Joanna RalstonCEO, World Obesity Federation.
- The heavy burden of obesity
- Michelle Siskinichief public health economist at the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Obesity – health and the economy – consequences of an imminent global challenge
- Mira ShukrHead of Nutrition, World Bank.
- • Debate with Brazilian researchers
- Eduardo Nelsonresearcher at the Center for Epidemiological Research in Nutrition at the University of São Paulo (NUPENS/USP).
- Daniela CanelaProfessor in the Department of Applied Nutrition and in the Graduate Program in Food, Nutrition and Health at the Institute of Nutrition at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ).
- Leandro ResendeProfessor, Department of Preventive Medicine, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP).
- • Final Comments
- Fabio GomezPAHO/WHO Regional Adviser on Nutrition and Physical Activity (to be confirmed).
- Gisele BortoliniGeneral Coordinator of Food and Nutrition for Minister de Salud.
- 6:30 AM – Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 7:30 am. – Belmopan, city Guatemala, Mexico City, Managua, San Jose (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 8:30 am. – Bogota, Kingston, Lima, City Panama, keto
- 9:30 am. – Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, Havana, La Paz, Nassau, Ottawa, Port au Prince, Port of Spain, San Juan, Santo Domingo, Washington DC
- 10:30 am Asuncion, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo, Santiago
- 2:30 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in next link
Please adjust the search according to the day of the event, the United States switches to DST on March 13, but other countries haven’t changed it yet, so the time difference may be different from the usual one.
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”