a Oberlandia Municipal Band “Matinata” will be presented to celebrate the city’s 133rd birthday on Sunday morning (29th).
At this event, musicians will roam in different parts of the city on a chariot. They will work in health units and hospitals, as a way of honoring the professionals working on the front lines in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic and the patients who have contracted the disease.
About 50 musicians are expected to participate in the show. According to City Hall, they have all been vaccinated against the coronavirus.
On Tuesday (31st), the official date of Oberlandia’s birth, there will be a new “Matinata” party. From 7 a.m., the band will pass through downtown streets to present a musical repertoire.
Check out the cultural calendar for Uberlandia’s birthday celebrations
8 am – Matinata with the municipal band through the city streets, health units and hospitals receiving Covid-19 patients.
Monday (30) – Cultural Workshop, Rua Tiradentes, 24 years old, Bairro Fondenho
- 9 a.m. – Opening of the Memory Room, Collection and Bibliographical Research, Giralda Guimarães; Fundinho Atemporal Fair by Isabela Lima, 12:00-17:00, Monday through Friday, until September 30. “
- 9:45 – opening of the Cultural Hall Fundinho (in the presence of artist and cultural agent Hélvio Lima);
- 10 a.m. – Opening of the Espaço Multi Fé exhibition (with iconic works from the collection of the municipality’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism)
- 10:15 – musical show with musicians of the municipal ensemble;
- 10:30 a.m. – Opening of the Maciej Babinsk engraving workshop (in the presence of artists and collaborators Darlie de Oliveira, Elaine Corsi and Alessandra Kona);
- 10:50 a.m. – Launch of Project Semeadores, which will honor dance pioneers in Uberlandia with mini-videos and live performances, in Roberto Rezende Room and Gardens; Uberlândia 3D Gallery, 12:00-17:00, Monday-Friday, until September 30th;
Monday (30) – House of Culture, Praca Coronel Carneiro, 89, Bairro Fondino
- Beth Shimaru Gallery of Preserved Memories, at Galleria Giraldo Queiroz, 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, until September 30;
- Exhibit A Look at the Urban Landscape of Uberlândia, Collection of Images for Architecture and Design Students at the UNA Uberlândia Center, in the Visual Experiments Room, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, until September 30;
- Exhibition of the Oxidative Cities of the Rosemário de Souza in Sala Nuppe, from 12:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, until October 22;
Monday (30) – Municipal Cultural Centre, Praça Jacy de Assis, s/n
- Opening of the Aço exhibition, Cortes E Colors – from Uberlândia to the world, in Esplanada Pena Branca and Xavantinho, from 12:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday, until October 30.
Tuesday (31) – Central Oberlandia
- 7:00 – Matinata with the municipal band through the central streets of the city.
Videos: Watch all about Triângulo, Alto Paranaíba and Noroeste de Minas
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”