The 2024 European Cup, which will be held in Germany, is getting closer every day and the expectations of the teams and UEFA are increasing. However, the Confederation is already organizing itself for the next edition, in 2028, and is expected to confirm the next venue for the competition at a meeting next week.
Turkey, one of the candidates, chose to give up the position and left the way open for a partnership between Ireland and the United Kingdom (made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). Therefore, there is a possibility that the decision will come down to Wembley Stadium, which previously hosted the final match of the 2020 edition – which was held the following year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The reason for the Turkish state’s withdrawal is the 2032 European Cup. The local national entity wants to host the continental team within nine years and has already established a partnership with Italy to bid for the spot. This will therefore be the first high-profile competition to be held in Turkey, which has hosted two Champions League finals (Milan x Liverpool, in 2005, and Manchester City x Inter Milan, in 2023), but never an entire tournament.
Find out the list of stadiums that should be part of the 2028 European Cup:
– Wembley Stadiumin London (ING)
– Emirate StadiumIn Cardiff (GAL)
– New Tottenham Hotspur Stadiumin London (ING)
– Etihad Stadiumin Manchester (ENG)
– Everton StadiumIn Liverpool (ING)*
– James Park StreetIn Newcastle upon Tyne (ENG)
– Villa Parkin Birmingham (ENG)
– Hampden ParkIn Glasgow (ESC)
– Aviva StadiumIn Dublin (IRL)
– Casement Parkin Belfast (IRN)
“Food fanatic. Organizer. Hipster-friendly tv specialist. Avid reader. Devoted web ninja.”