The Xbox Series consoles were the best-selling consoles in the UK in March, at which time the Elton Ring broke the February record and was ranked as the best-selling game.
In March, 112,000 consoles were sold on Her Majesty’s land, which is higher than in February, but lower than the first 3 months of 2021. Microsoft’s Xbox Series saw a 61% increase in sales and higher sales, followed by the Nintendo Switch and the third PS5, a 45% increase in sales in February.
Despite giving up the top spot in March, the Nintendo Switch is the best-selling console in the UK by 2022.
March was marked by a lot of tops, but the Elton Ring topped the list, followed by the Gran Turismo 7, the second best-selling body and digital game in the UK in March.
Of the 2.77 million games sold in March, 1.94 million were digital versions and although this digital format grew 9.6% over February 2021, the physical format was down 15.5% from the same month last year.
Gran Turismo 7 is the 2nd best selling game of the month, but it is the best selling physics game, 73% of the versions are PS5.
GTA 5 received newer versions and 37% of the units sold were the PS5 version and 28% of the Xbox Series consoles.
WWE 2K22, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Body Sale Only) are the other top 10 debuts, while Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin appears in the top 20:
- Elton Ring (Bandai Namco)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Sony)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- FIFA 22 (EA)
- WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
- Tiny Dinosaur Wonderlands (2K Games)
- Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar)
- Pokemon Legends: Arcius (Nintendo) *
- Horizon Forbidden West (Sony)
- Kirby and the Forgotten Kingdom (Nintendo) *
- F1 2021 (Codemasters)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
- NBA 2K22 (2K Games)
- Star Wars: Battlefield 2 (EA)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (EA)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo) *
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: The Siege (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (Activation Blizzard)
- Stranger in Paradise: The Final Fantasy Look (Square Enix)
“Total creator. Devoted tv fanatic. Communicator. Evil pop culture buff. Social media advocate.”