The second Municipal Mental Health Conference in Divinopolis (CMSM), held last Sunday (10), discussed the topic “Mental Health Policy as a Right: Advocating for Care in Freedom, Toward the Advancement and Guarantees of Psychosocial Care Services in SUS”.
The event took place at Padre Matías Lopato State School, from 8 am to 6 pm, and was attended by 42 professionals, 43 users and nine managers, who together put forward proposals, which were voted on in plenary and will be sent to the Mental Health Conference by the delegates elected in this the event.
The meeting also saw the election of delegates who would represent the municipality at the state convention; The division was implemented into three groups: user, worker, and management. Each was elected honorary representatives and two alternates.
The topics were divided into four themes:
- care freely as a guarantee of the right to citizenship;
- management, financing, training and social participation in ensuring mental health services;
- Mental Health Policy and SUS Principles (Universality, Integration and Equity);
- Impacts on the mental health of the population and challenges to mental care during and after the pandemic.
- Each hub presented proposals that were discussed, selected and voted on at the conference.
The city council did not reveal the names of the delegates and the proposals that were voted on.
Videos: See all about the Midwest in Minas
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”