The organization announced that the LGBT + Music Festival, scheduled for the beginning of July in Porto, has been cancelled, ensuring that those with tickets are contacted “regarding the refund process”.
“It is with great sadness that we announce that we have made the devastating decision to cancel the LGBT+ Music Festival,” the statement posted on Monday on the official website and on the festival’s social media accounts.
The LGBT+ Music Festival, scheduled for July 1, 2 and 3, has been announced as a ‘celebration of love and music’, at Alfândega do Porto, but with ‘performances and experiences’. [que] outside the festival grounds.
“Festivals will be able to participate in parties held in pools, terraces and boats on the Douro River, as well as in emblematic venues, among them Casa da Musica and Hard Club,” a statement read in February.
Among the various names of artists and bands announced are Iggy Azalea, Melanie C, Beaches, Ludmila, Little Boots, Playa, Favela Lacroix, Tyga, Snap! Todrick Hall.
Also on June 1, through an online statement, the organization ensured that the event would take place, albeit in a “different format”.
“We had several internal problems that made things more difficult for our team. We worked 24 hours a day to ensure that the festival would take place, but due to the current circumstances we decided to have it take place in a different format,” it reads. If it was in the common text at the time.
In a statement on Monday, the festival organization included that it contacted everyone who bought a ticket, “regarding the refund process”, and asking them to “verify their email accounts”. Additionally, an email ([email protected]) is available for anyone with questions.
The festival, whose organization was responsible for Apollon, is invested by the foreign company Galaxium Delirium.
On June 3, in Lusa’s statements, attorney Joanna Cadet Perez, of the law firm representing the Galaxium Delirium in Portugal, clarified that “the tasks of organizing the festival have been delegated to Portugal.”
According to the lawyer, “there were several factors” that prompted the company to rethink the initiative, namely “internal matters” which it refrained from talking about, and “external matters”, such as the number of tickets sold “less than initial expectations”.
According to the lawyer, internal issues had a “great weight”, since “investors came to the conclusion that the conditions were not fulfilled – logistical, confirm the artists.” “Clear issues of poor regulation,” he said.
Until May 13 this year, Apollon had Marco Azevedo as manager, who told Lusa, also on June 3, that he was leaving the position because he felt he “couldn’t” do his job.
A person who was collaborating with the festival, from October last year until the beginning of May this year, who preferred to remain anonymous, told Lusa that the Portuguese who hired him “apparently jumped off the boat in mid-May”.
Apollon is also the promoter of Trace Made in Africa, the festival of “Afro-urban, music, fashion, dance and art”, which will take place between Friday and Sunday in Alfândega do Porto.
The festival lineup includes, among others, C4 Pedro, SAuti Sol, Stonebwoy, Admiral T, Naza, NSG, Fally Ipupa, Kriol Kings and Fireboy DML.