Nearly two months after the last gathering, experts, politicians and government officials gathered in the Infarmed Hall, in Lisbon, for the first time to point out to second and third parties how far we are in the pandemic and how we must move forward from now on.
From the wealth of information uncovered over more than two hours, there is data indicating the high efficacy of mRNA vaccines in protecting the elderly, information that points to a (still slight) trend of fall control and surveys of Portuguese behavior in the face of the epidemic – you can Read about all of this over here.
But more than diagnosing the present, this meeting was important to prepare for the future. Among the plans that are likely to change our lives, the following stand out:
- Vice Admiral Juvia e Melo predicted a start-up Vaccination of adolescents aged 16-17 years from 14 August, considering that a person of 12 to 15 years of age will start on the following two weekends, if the Directorate General of Health so decides and permits;
- Suggest a change risk matrix: The proposal includes indicators such as Clinical severity, mortality and vaccination coverage and update The incidence of COVID-19 risk assessment for 480 cases per 100,000 inhabitants – to date, in 240 cases in high-density municipalities; Also noted was a new Intensive Care Units (ICU) occupancy limit of 255 – currently 245 beds;
- . suggestion New four-level deconfinement model, whose progress will depend on the rate of vaccination. Portugal, it already exists 52% of the vaccinated population, at level 1, according to the common system.
As for this last proposal, it is that which ensures tampering with the months ahead, and even a guide is needed to travel through all the measures that make up these four levels, and there will always be three basic principles to guide them: there must always be proper ventilation and conditioning, and it must become Presenting digital certificates is a routine fact and it will be necessary to maintain the ability to self-assess risks.
In addition, there are four general rules that should be kept by default between level 1 and level 3, which are:
- compliance with the physical distance, determining the number of people who should be per square meter;
- Promote so that any activities, whenever possible, are carried out remotely or outdoors;
- Mandatory use of the muzzle in enclosed spaces or on public occasions;
- Avoid crowded situations that are out of control.
However, these are the four levels suggested by experts:
Level 1 – reached between 50% and 60% of the vaccinated population:
- In restaurants and bars, a maximum of six people per table should be seated indoors, while on the balcony – the preferred space – the limit increases to 10 people at the same table. Time limits must expire;
- In large outdoor events with a limited area, circulation circles and placement of people in specific places should be maintained;
- Large external events should be avoided where boundary spaces are uncontrollable;
- In large-scale indoor events – which include weddings and christenings – the maximum capacity of the spaces should be around 50%;
- The exercise can naturally take place both indoors and outdoors, but it is required that it be done outdoors;
- With regard to outdoor circulation, it is required to maintain a distance and use a mask;
- Family events can take place without restrictions, subject to general rules;
- commerce can operate normally, while observing the general rules, which include the activity of shopping centers;
- Activities in schools are carried out normally, observing general rules;
- At work, you are required to keep remote work and outdated activity hours, but the restrictions are limited to respecting general rules;
- On the beach and campsites, a mask should be mandatory only in public places or when there are crowds among people who do not belong to the same household.
Level II – reached between 60% and 70% of the vaccinated population:
- In restaurants and bars, the number of people sitting on the balcony increases to 15 people at the same table;
- Rules for outside events are maintained, but the indoor limit for space capacity goes up to 75% – which includes, again, weddings and christenings;
- Wearing a mask is no longer mandatory outdoors as long as a safety distance of 1.5 meters from other people is guaranteed.
Level 3 – reached between 70% and 85% of the vaccinated population:
- In restaurants and bars, the number of people sitting inside increases to 8 people per table and there are no longer restrictions on the balcony;
- There are no longer capacity limitations for events in indoor spaces as rules fall into outdoor spaces, except for the four rules that should be kept by default described above.
Level 4 – reached with more than 85% of the population vaccinated:
- All rules are removed, including the four that should be kept by default, which means that a mask is no longer mandatory in enclosed spaces and remote work is no longer recommended.
It should be noted that this list of measures is not binding: it is merely a suggestion. However, the government has already promised that it will take this proposal seriously. At the end of the Infarmed meeting, Marta Temido content That the next cabinet would focus on “unifying” the procedures and said it would be possible to imagine “how the return to our lives becomes closer than ever.”
It remains to wait until Thursday.
“Proud coffee junkie. Gamer. Hardcore introvert. Social media trailblazer.”