Rockstar Games has publicly apologized for the technical issues that marked the arrival of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition last week.
in a Message Published on their official website, the producer begins by saying that “the Grand Theft Auto series – and the games that make up this iconic trilogy – are special to us as we know them to fans around the world”.
“Updated versions of these classic games have not been released in a condition that meets our quality standards, or the standards our fans have come to expect,” he continues.
The studio also says it has “ongoing plans to fix technical issues and improve each game over time” with the goal of titles “to the level of quality they deserve.”
Initially, this will include an update in the coming days on all platforms that will fix several issues. Rockstar says it will detail this update when it is released.
However, Rockstar revealed that it has listened to players’ requests for the classic versions of the three works to return to the digital stores on PC. As a result, it has been confirmed that the original versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be returning to the Rockstar Store in the coming days. These editions will be made available free of charge to anyone who has already purchased or purchased the Ultimate Edition in the Digital Store until June 30, 2022.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition was published last week and is available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series. The PC version has gone through this turbulent period was unavailable To buy this past weekend.
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”