The Prince of Wales received three million euros in cash from former Prime Minister of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim between 2011 and 2015. British newspaper Sunday Times. The official residence of Prince Charles, in a statement, confirms that the donations were properly processed.
The heir to the British crown would have personally received the money in three separate lots, which were then deposited in accounts. Prince of Wales Charity Fund (PWCF, in original summary). According to Sunday Times, Carlos, during a meeting at his official residence in 2015, received a suitcase containing one million euros in 500 notes. Another donation was made through bags from the store Fortnum & Mason.
“The charitable donations received from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim were immediately transferred to one of the Prince’s charities, which carried out their proper administration and assured us that all proper procedures were followed,” Clarence House said Sunday.
Oh Sunday Times He noted that there was nothing to indicate that the money was illegal. Charities can accept cash donations, according to Charity Commission. Was contacted by Sunday TimesOh PWCF He denied that there was “any failure in the administration” of donations.
Nevertheless, the Republican Press Committee Announced that an inquiry would be requested. “Simply being promised by Carlos and them is not enough [sua instituição de] Charity that does not violate any rules. These payments raise serious and legal issues that could damage the reputation of the UK charity.
To CNN, A source close to the British royal family questioned many of the details presented by the British newspaper. However, it acknowledges the authenticity of the donations and ensures that everything is done legally and correctly. It also says state prosecutors are already involved in the case.
The Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Northern Ireland also responded to the revelations. In an interview with the BBCEnsuring that donations went through a “proper process”.
In November, Michael Fawcett, who had been Prince Charles’ right-hand man for decades, resigned as chairman of one of Britain’s top government charities. Sunday Times Fawcett reportedly paid tribute in return for the donations. The allegations are being investigated by the police and the British Trust Commission. According to the prince’s spokesman, Charles was unaware of the gift-based honor or citizenship. Fawcett did not comment publicly on the case.
This year, the London Metropolitan Police launched another investigation into the awarding of prizes and honors to a Saudi businessman in exchange for a donation to one of Prince Charles’ charities.
PWCF, founded in 1979, presents awards to UK-registered non-profit organizations with the aim of transforming lives and creating sustainable communities.
Carla b. Text edited by Ribeiro
“Total creator. Devoted tv fanatic. Communicator. Evil pop culture buff. Social media advocate.”