The London Metropolitan Police (Met) announced on Wednesday that the Prince Charles Foundation, the heir apparent to the British Crown, had reportedly accepted donations in support of the titles and distinctions.
In a statement, the Met (also known as Scotland Yard) said it had decided to launch an investigation following a report last year that Michael Fawcett, one of Carlos’ closest associates, had resigned from the board of trustees. After being nominated by the Saudi Arabian Millionaire, to receive one of the UK’s highest specialties.
Clarence House, the heir’s official residence, said today that the prince was unaware of any plans to honor him with donations or grant him British citizenship.
“The Metropolitan Police has launched an investigation into allegations of the Dignity Act of 1925 (the law of distinctions preventing this kind of abuse),” reads a report quoted by the Spanish news agency Efe.
Scotland underlines that “this decision was made after an analysis of a letter in September 2021 in which a Saudi citizen was reported to have made distinctions or proposals to teach citizenship to the media.” முற்றம் ..
The Med reports that as a result of this analysis, The Prince Foundation has provided a number of relevant documents.
“These documents were analyzed with existing information. The analysis determined that an investigation would be initiated. There were no arrests or investigations,” he added.
Michael Fawcett, executive director of the Princip Foundation, an educational institution that promotes environmental involvement and culture, resigned in November 2021, according to an investigation by the Sunday Times. Former businessman Marie Mubarak bin Mahfouz has been named Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
As a result of such diversity, the newspaper was able to support Saudi Arabia’s demand for British citizenship.
The Saudi millionaire, who denies committing any illegal act, donated ார 1.5 million (75 1.75 million) to NGOs affiliated with the British Royal House before receiving his decor.
The Sunday Times reports that Mahfouz has given “tens of thousands of pounds” to those in the Prince of Wales inner circle to help win the award.
It was presented to him by Prince Charles at a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace in November 2016 – it was not included in the official list of royal engagements.
At the same time, the press revealed that the Prince’s Foundation had agreed to receive several million euros from a Russian donor, prompting an investigation by an independent body that regulates the activities of social welfare organizations in Scotland. Douglas Connell, chairman of the trust, resigned in September 2021, but made no mistake.
“Total creator. Devoted tv fanatic. Communicator. Evil pop culture buff. Social media advocate.”