aThe time of increased consumption due to the Christmas season is approaching, therefore, the Ordem dos Psicólogos has issued a set of recommendations to help the Portuguese maintain their mental and financial health at this time.
“Finding a gift for everyone, dealing with the Christmas movement in stores and staying on a budget sometimes seem like complicated tasks It increases anxiety and can lead to spending more moneyOrdem dos Psicólogos admits, in a statement sent to the editorial rooms.
To avoid Christmas shopping being a problem, consider the following tips:
- Determine the appropriate expectations for the reality of each one. “From a financial point of view, it is not always possible to give gifts to all the important people. It is legitimate to limit the list, or to choose to give gifts only to children, to play the secret game of friends, or to give small souvenirs.”
- Make a gift list. “Determining who will give gifts this year reduces the risk of someone forgetting and allows them to think of the most appropriate and creative offer.”
- budgeting. “It is useful to determine how much you want to spend per person or even a total amount, adjusting for personal finances to avoid financial anxiety.”
- Negotiate a Santa menu with the kids. “It is important that children understand and develop healthy financial habits early on. This is the perfect time to tell them their priorities and help them choose the most important gifts.”
- Anticipate purchases. “Last minute gifts can often create more stress and you end up spending more money than you would have otherwise expected.”
- Don’t feel guilty. “Fortunately, celebrating Christmas is not just about buying gifts. You can invest in relationships with family and friendships through letters of gratitude or souvenirs made with the family.”
- Refocus Christmas “In ‘gifts’ such recognition is feelings, sympathy, solidarity and mutual support. Christmas memories are not only made of unwrapped gifts, but also of laughter and shared stories.”
- Include self-care in your to-do list. “If the preparations for Christmas are bringing more stress, watch out for signs of anxiety and fatigue. Eat healthy, exercise, maintain good sleep habits, invest in fun and leisure activities, and talk to your family and friends. It is important to deal with the stress of this time of year. “.
- asking for help. “If you feel overwhelmed by stress and anxiety during Christmas (or at other times of the year), be aware that psychologists have scientific, evidence-based tools that can help this Christmas and prevent situations in the future.”
Read also: Will there be toys at Christmas? Maybe, but less expensive and more expensive
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”