SERVER or Benfica on Monday morning sent the MAG a request for clarification due to the resignation of Rui Pereira, MAG Chairman.
Subject: Extraordinary General Assembly meeting held on July 3, 2021
1. We address to Your Excellencies after the letter received on June 11, 2021, announcing the intention to hold the Extraordinary General Meeting on July 3, 2021, and the subsequent resignation from the term of office of the Chairman, on June 12, 2021, claiming that there is no support from the club’s board of directors to hold the meeting.
2 – Taking into account the complex preparation of a public meeting in the present context, unprecedented in terms of the manner in which it should be held, with the possibility of it being held on the pitch and the Estádio da Luz seats, we witness with natural concern the aforementioned development of events.
3. In this way, the first question we ask is whether the resigning Chairman of the Board will head the business, given the legal rule mandating that the exercise continue until July 30, 2021.
4. The second question is what kind of difficulties the board of directors of the general meeting had in complying with the requirements of summons, i.e. those arising from the impulse for the resignation of the chairman of the board – “I do not have the necessary support from the governing bodies, and in the president and the board, for the holding of the extraordinary meeting of the general assembly “.
5. It is also important to ask whether the Office has already informed the Directorate-General of Health of the legal obligation to hold the Extraordinary General Meeting of Lisbon and Benfica, with a request for indications of the public health measures to be adopted in order to achieve them.
6. It shall also be questioned when they intend to issue the notice of an extraordinary general meeting declared, having regard to the need to comply with a notice of 10 days in respect of the date of its holding.
7- Finally, we note the growing controversy, which generates misunderstanding and splits, in the use of electronic voting in the deliberations of the General Assembly of Lisboa e Benfica, and therefore we appeal to the Bureau at this meeting to resort to external voting by other means (arm signal in the air or depositing the vote in Poll).
A final paragraph to salute the professor. Dr. Rui Pereira, Chairman of the outgoing General Meeting, for his commitment to comply with the laws of Sport Lisbon and Benfica and for the dignified and equal treatment of all club members, honoring Benfica’s culture and excellence. In the behavior of the partner that preceded him in the functions.
Lisbon June 14, 2021.
Name / Membership / Signature Number
Joao Pinheiro, Partner No. 8238,
João Leite, Partner No. 12079,
Thiago Godinho, Partner No. 19385 »