Today, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Health did not respond to comment on the alleged case of vaccination against Covid-19, in Porto, because he still does not know what happened, but admitted that the process “may go less”.
“I don’t know the case in terms of its specificity,” Antonio Lacerda Sales told reporters.
The government official admitted that, since it is “a very complex process from a logistical and operational point of view, it is normal for things to go less often and in certain circumstances.”
And the Minister of Foreign Affairs concluded, on the sidelines of the opening of the Family Health Center, “We are here to calmly correct the matter, and conduct an assessment of each case individually, and we will have to conduct this assessment in an investigation and wait for its results.” The unit is in alinkere.
The ‘task force’ of the covid-19 vaccination scheme has notified the Judicial Police and the General Inspectorate of Sanitary Activities (IGAS) of the alleged inappropriate vaccination of users in Porto, the plan’s coordinator said today.
“We hardly had a minimum of data [sobre o caso] We shared our contact with the Judicial Police and another with IGAS,” said Vice Admiral Gouvia e Mello, who was speaking to reporters on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira archipelago, as he learns about the development of the local plan for vaccination.
Gouveia e Melo also asked the head of the Regional Health Administration in the North (ARS-N) to “take steps immediately so that this does not happen again and take all the consequences. For all intents and purposes, it is an act of undiscipline.”
He added that in a plan “of such complexity and urgency, and being so monumental, there must be discipline.”
An unspecified number of people without the requirements required on this occasion will have received vaccinations in the Cluster of Health Centers (ACES) area of Porto Oriental, in case the ‘task force’ was made aware on Thursday.
In a statement sent to Lusa Agency, the Gouveia e Melo-led structure stated that the situation “indicates the practice of acts contrary to applicable rules and instructions,” adding that ARS-N “has already requested a process investigation to be opened to find out what happened.”
The ARS-N coalition confirmed that an investigation had been opened with Lusa, refusing to provide any details.
The Task Force states, in the statement sent to Lusa, that “Currently, users aged 30 years and over are vaccinated, by central designation, self-appointment or by local designation, and in open house mode, 50 years and older” .
It adds that “vaccinating users under the currently expected age groups is not expected, except for users with comorbidities specified in Standard No. 002/2021 of the Directorate General of Health or other exceptions specified in the same standard.”
The alleged illegal vaccination was announced on a social network by the Diocese of Campanha, in the east of Porto, but a source authorized by the municipality said that it was limited to announcing the initiative at the request of ACES in the area, exactly as requested.
The military council’s Facebook post read: “On June 23 and 24, vaccinations opened from 17:00 to 19:30 at the Serco Vaccination Center.”
According to the Directorate General of Health, there are already nearly three million Portuguese people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, equivalent to 29% of the population.