With real concerns about security, Meta was looking to increase Messenger’s security. Encrypted messaging and point-to-point encryption is a great example of this compromise, but it ends up losing functionality.
That is now changing with the news Meta reveals. These want to make encrypted messages attractive again, when they receive many novelties. This makes this service more interesting, while ensuring security and privacy.
Meta improves the safety and security of Messenger. Users demand more from this service and the conversations are really private. This comes with encrypted chats, which is something that happens naturally. Now there are improvements to be made to these same conversations.
- Conversation topics: Conversation themes have been added to help personalize and improve conversations. You can now set themes, including static colors and gradient themes, for end-to-end encrypted conversations.
- Emojis and custom chat reactions: If you want to customize your responses, you can view the full list of emoji reactions and customize the quick reply drawer in end-to-end encrypted conversations.
- Profile picture group: You can choose group profile pictures to have different conversations with friends or co-workers.
- link views: The views of these links are rebuilt in these scenarios, so you can see where the link takes the user, before you click.
- active state: Allows people to see when a user is active and to know the right time to connect. You can also choose to disable this feature if you wish to improve your privacy.
- Bubbles on AndroidBubbles (a circle with your friend's picture in it) allow you to read and reply to messages while using other apps. Once activated, a balloon will appear when you receive a new message.
These are novelties that were already known from the most exposed conversations, but are now being carried over. It integrates naturally and without users having to activate or accept any option present.
Something is the goal Also announce now, is that encrypted conversations will soon become the norm. For all those involved, the change will also take place, transparently, always with notifications to stakeholders.
Interestingly, even with users who require encrypted conversations on Messenger, there are those who are not satisfied with their access. Many governments and entities have preferred it to be accessible, so that it can be controlled according to their needs.
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”