Learn about the grand jury and the nine finalist projects of the Altice Portugal Innovation Prize
The nine projects that were selected, from hundreds of nominees, for the seventh edition of the Altice International Innovation Award (AIIA) are now known.
- Expresspeak: A startup providing diagnostic services for personalized breast cancer treatments.
- Carrion Treatments: The startup focused on developing innovative, disruptive, effective and safe treatments for aggressive cancers.
- Tempuls Medical: A startup company offers a highly innovative approach to surgical recovery of the eardrum.
- AI breast screening: A pioneering platform designed to revolutionize breast cancer diagnosis using advanced artificial intelligence.
- Charging future electric cars through the wheel: A solution that includes the ability to charge the batteries in the car’s wheels without physical contact.
- Ways to improve the generalizability and robustness of AI models for medical imaging: A project examining ways to improve the generalizability and robustness of AI models for imaging.
- Cavitation: Advanced mobility solution that enables autonomous driving for people with visual impairments.
- furniture: Accessible navigation solutions for people with temporary or permanent limited mobility.
- Zoom guide: A guide capable, through artificial intelligence, of recognizing the environment and providing relevant multimedia content to users with special needs.
- Ana Figueiredo, CEO of Altice Portugal (Chairman of the Jury)
- Alcino Lavrador, Technology and Innovation Advisor
- Annabella Pedroso, former Secretary of State for Justice
- Diogo Araujo, Director of the National Innovation Agency
- Gil Azevedo, CEO of Startup Lisboa
- Luis Santana, Director, Covina
- Miguel Castro Neto, Director of NOVA IMS, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Pedro Santa Clara, Director of TUMO-Coimbra and School 42
- Teresa Salima, Altice Founder
- Paolo Vermezza, Managing Director, Altice Labs
Also on this day, the startups that will be supported by Startup Lisboa and the winner of the award will be known Born from knowledge (BfK) from the National Innovation Agency (ANI).
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”