The Red December campaign aims to mobilize efforts to combat HIV, AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and draw attention to prevention, assistance and protection of the rights of people living with HIV.
The beginning of the campaign was marked by sensitization work and testing of the population against HIV and syphilis. Work to raise awareness of the importance of testing against health through advertising and conversation sessions in the basic health units.
Testing for HIV and syphilis is carried out in all basic health units and also at the Testing and Counseling Center (CTA), which is located at Rua Salumao Bargood, 250 in the center of Gandera.
The Department of Health reports that: “The use of condoms, male or female, in all sexual relations (oral, anal, and vaginal) is the most effective way to prevent sexually transmitted infections of HIV/AIDS and viruses. Hepatitis B and C.”
Co-prevention is not only related to the exclusive use of condoms, as there are other important and complementary preventive measures to prevent the risk of HIV infection:
- condom use;
- immunization against hepatitis A (HAV), hepatitis B (HBV), and HPV;
- Discuss with a partner about HIV testing and other STIs;
- test yourself regularly for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases;
- Treating all infected with HIV;
- Perform pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), when needed;
- Perform post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), when needed;
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”