This year’s edition of Portugal’s Rally, marked by the Covid-19 pandemic emergencies, is one of the most complex sporting events to be held in the country, but according to the organization, international bodies have praised the event.
Lusa Mário Martins da Silva, President of the WRC, said, “Despite all the restrictions, everything is going well, and the WRC promoter has already congratulated us on the organization, indicating that all participants are satisfied with the safety devices we used,” the organizing committee of the caucus.
The official, who is part of the Automóvel Club de Portugal (ACP) structure, noted that thousands of people are participating in the event, in a planning that began several months ago, whose success is crucial to the return of the race to Portugal in the coming years.
“This is the first race at WRC, since last year, and it already has some fans, and that is fundamental to the FIA [Federação Internacional do Automóvel] And to strengthen the march. They were very attentive, but we also commended us for the work we did, ”Mario Martins da Silva added.
The head of the organizing committee of the rally indicated that the race was subject to a careful evaluation by the General Directorate of Health, according to an emergency plan that was formulated and improved over a period of months, and confirmed that the authority had made a major investment in awareness. Of security measures with the public.
“We knew it would be impossible to stage a rally without an audience, so we tried to do it with fewer viewers, but with more control and security. Therefore, it was necessary to communicate with the GNR and the campaigns that were carried out so that everyone would comply with the rules,” said Martins da Silva. .
The official indicated that the success of this gathering will determine, as always, the continuation of the event in our country, which is listed on the WRC calendar, and he was optimistic that this could happen.
“We have an idea that if things don’t go well, we might lose the race, because there are a number of countries waiting for a place. It was a huge struggle to stay on the schedule, but we think we will follow. Soon, we will have a meeting. With the promoter to guarantee the event for a few years.” Other, “the responsible person participated.
However, Mario Martins da Silva admitted that this version of the march is “a little sad” because the usual proximity to the audience is not possible, but he asked fans to adapt to the circumstances this time.
“We have tried, this year, to bring the march to people’s homes, and provide more live TV broadcasts, not only for Portugal but also abroad. We are reaching 150 countries, and by doing so we are promoting our country and the territories that are the biggest target of ACP for our partner municipalities,” he concluded. Mario Martins da Silva.
And for everything to go smoothly until Sunday, the last day of the race, there are more than five thousand people taking part in the event, including ACP members, city officials, law enforcement officials, firefighters and emergency medical personnel.