This week, the list of titles awarded at the Game Developers Choice Awards, which is tied to the popular Game Developers Conference (GDC), was released. And this year, the first prize was for an indie game Hades.
In this year’s edition, Hades It was also crowned with Best Design and Best Sound, and you can watch the entire ceremony, as well as all the winning titles in the sequence.
- game of the year – Hades (superhero games)
- best design – Hades (superhero games)
- best sound – Hades (superhero games)
- Best First Show – Phasmophobia (action games)
- best technology – Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio / Xbox Game Studios)
- Best mobile game – Jinshin effect (miHoYo)
- Innovation Award – dreams (Media Molecule / Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- best story – Our last part 2 (Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Visual Art – Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Audience Award – Ghost of Tsushima (Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Best Virtual/Augmented Reality Game – Half-life: Alex (valve)
- Pioneer Award – Tom Volpe
- Career Award – Laraline McWilliams
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”