CTT – Correios de Portugal signed a partnership agreement with YunExpress, a subsidiary of China’s Zongteng Group, to create a “joint venture” to manage a network of tanks to receive orders on the Iberian Peninsula, this Monday. Postal operator gallery in release.
CTT will own 66% of the capital of the new company, and YunExpress will be responsible for the remaining 34%, which aims to create “a leading network of e-commerce vaults in Portugal, which will be open to any operator”.
The company led by João Bento (pictured) intends to finish next year with the installation of 1,000 cabinets.
The statement also notes that the deal represents a “joint investment of approximately eight million euros over three years.”
“The locker network will also be supported by a range of different national suppliers, from metal mechanics to software, which will allow for greater technological independence and agility. Being a solution that offers tremendous convenience to both those buying and those selling online, the lockers also complement the network of delivery points. of CTT, with an innovative solution, enhances CTT’s differentiated position in the e-commerce value chain and enhances CTT’s close association with its customers,” concludes the document.
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”