As cases of India-variant Govt-19 cases are on the rise, the European Commission will no longer include the UK in the list of safest countries to travel to. The number of cases confirmed this Friday has increased by 160% in the past week, according to data discussed by The Guardian this Friday.
According to the report, European leaders still need to add the region to the list, however, sources told the British newspaper that the decision had been postponed for another two weeks.
As of last Thursday, there were 3,424 cases of Govt-19 confirmed in India by the identified variant. “The cases are mainly affecting the northwest of the UK – especially Bolton – and London, and we are seeing some eruptions across the country,” health officials said, believing the data provided may already be outdated between harvest ends.
According to the same authority, public health in the UK appears to be more pervasive than in Kent, which appeared late last year and currently dominates the UK.
“According to the proportion of samples we have sorted, more than 11,000 cases are likely to be caused by the Indian variant on May 15,” said Paul Hunter, a medical professor at the University of East Anglia.
This Thursday, European leaders reached an agreement to recognize European digital certification, which will allow them to move freely in European camps during epidemics, thus contributing to the economic recovery of these countries. Since the United Kingdom is no longer part of the EU, this certificate will not be valid from the beginning of this year, so the region must meet the minimum requirements.
Current restrictions prevent any traveler from a country with more than 25 cases per 100,000 people in 14 days from entering a European camp. The European Commission recommended that the limit be 100/100 thousand people, while member states opposed it with a limit of 75/100 thousand people – a difference, this time, the UK respects, but it should be higher than the cases of increasing Indian variation.
Although the World Health Organization (WHO) has already stressed that Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are approved vaccines in European space, the World Health Organization (WHO) has already stressed that this strain could compromise the vaccine rate. According to Stella Kryakits, European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, at least 40% of people in the EU have already received the first dose of the Covit-19 vaccine, of which 17% have already been fully vaccinated.
Although optimism is significant (20 million vaccines are administered weekly in the EU), the emergence of new variants at an “alarming” level is of concern to all member states, says Kryakits. “We see a dangerous scattering of species that differ from Brazil and India, which makes the risk of new varieties still very clear,” he stressed.
“Total creator. Devoted tv fanatic. Communicator. Evil pop culture buff. Social media advocate.”