After recording the high cases of Covid-19, Araraquara (SP) at 12:00 this Sunday (20) starts a new confinement, four months after issuing the first “lockdown” in the country.
According to the city, the restrictive measures to try to contain the spread of the disease and prevent a health collapse will last 180 hours and continue until midnight Sunday (27). Other cities in the region, such as Américo Brasiliense and Santa Lúcia, have also adopted maximum restrictions.
Over the next few days, Araraquara will close non-essential services, suspend public transportation and restrict movement of residents. Vaccination against Covid-19 continues normally. Supermarkets will be closed for 66 hours, but they are free for the delivery system. (See below for the rules).
In February this year, Araraquara was the first in the country to spend 10 days in confinement – Photo: Araraquara City Hall via BBC
In February, the municipality of 238,000 residents was the first in the country to have 10 days of confinement to contain the disease. The numbers of hospitalizations, cases and deaths have declined after the more restrictive measures, but have returned again in recent weeks.
According to the epidemiological bulletin issued by the city on Saturday (19), the city records 24,373 cases with 488 deaths Since the start of the pandemic, in March 2020. The occupancy rate of Covid-19 intensive care beds (public and private) has been 88% and 63% in the ward.
Covid-19 cases recorded in Araraquara each month
Source: City Hall
Among the new closing rules:
Rotation of people and vehicles on public roads is only permitted for the following purposes:
- get medicines
- Procurement of food and fuel, when this decree permits;
- Vaccination against covid
- obtain medical care or assistance for people or animals;
- boarding and disembarking from the bus station, as well as for entering the municipality or leaving it by other means of transport;
- Taking care of emergency or urgent needs of her own or of others, and providing services that are permitted by this decree.
Anyone who is stopped in the street must provide a receipt for the purchase of food tax, vaccinations, or medical assistance.
- Persons working in services who are allowed to work by decree, provided that they carry a document certifying status, a personal document and proof of address. Purchase invoice, ticket, business card, advertisement, certificate of attendance at the health unit or proof of urgency shall be accepted.
Anyone caught violating the rules may be liable for the foreseeable crimes for violating the designation of public authority and disobedience.
Supermarkets closed for 66 hours:
Food supply enterprises, such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, butchers, bakers, grain producers, fruit and vegetable trade and the like, adhere to the following rules for their operation:
- From 12:00 on June 20 to 5:59 on June 23, 2021: They will be able to deliver through delivery;
- From 6 a.m. on June 23, 2021: They may provide face-to-face service within the facility, from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and food consumption is prohibited on site. There will be a limit to customers as per the capacity of the enterprise.
- It will open normally. The convenience stores of these establishments follow the rules of the supermarket.
- Bars, restaurants and other establishments selling products for immediate consumption will be able to provide the service exclusively by delivery, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., starting on June 22.
- Public services do not operate, except for medical expertise;
- Bom Prato and popular restaurants should serve the population exclusively through transportation.
Churches, clubs and parks:
- Churches must remain closed;
- Recreational entities and clubs will also be closed;
- Residents will not be able to enter municipal squares and parks;
According to Mayor Edinho Silva (PT), the new confinement He seeks to prevent the collapse of the health care system to the municipality and will contribute to reducing the number of cases, hospitalizations and deaths, as vaccination progresses.
Mayor of Araraquara, Edinho Silva (PT) – Photo: Reproduction / Facebook
The city’s forecast is that the vaccine will reach the age of 40 between the end of this month and the first week of July, when 50% of the population will be immunized with at least one dose.
The mayor said that before the decree was published, he held a meeting on restrictive measures with the economic entities in Araraquara, which was an “understanding”.
According to the distance meter data from the country, Araraquara, as of Saturday, has applied 117,176 vaccines against COVID-19, including 78,954 first doses and 38,222 second doses.
Covid-19 deaths per month in Araraquara
Source: City Hall
In a decree published on May 19 this year, the city government decided that in order for the economic sectors of Araraquara to remain open for face-to-face care, the daily rate of Covid-19 positives cannot exceed 30% of asymptomatic patients (those who seek to obtain on curative health services) or 20% of the total test (counting symptomatic and asymptomatic) for three consecutive days or for five consecutive days within a seven-day period apart.
The index was multiplied from Tuesday (15) to Thursday (17):
- Tuesday (15) – 91 positive cases of coronavirus, equivalent to 22.97% of the total 396 samples analyzed. Looking only at individuals who developed symptoms and sought health services, the proportion was 24.66%.
- Wednesday (16) – 199 positive cases, equivalent to 20.04% of the total 993 samples analyzed. Looking only at individuals who developed symptoms and sought health services, the proportion was 20.69%.
- Thursday (17) – 202 positive cases, equivalent to 23.59% of the total 856 samples analyzed. Looking only at individuals who developed symptoms and sought health services, the proportion was 25.37%.
Bed occupancy for Covid-19 in Araraquara (%)
Data from public and private networks as of January 2021*
Source: City Hall
See more news from the region at G1 São Carlos and Araraquara.
“Writer. Analyst. Avid travel maven. Devoted twitter guru. Unapologetic pop culture expert. General zombie enthusiast.”