You may have already stumbled across Twitter with a cryptic post from a friend with a diagram of multiple rows of 5 colored squares in each. It’s usually accompanied by a comment like “That was easy” or “Oh my God, I worked so hard to fix it!”
Welcome to addiction Word, a A simple word game that has become a phenomenon on Twitter.
Released by Power Language – which is not a company name, but the nickname of developer Josh Wardle, who lives in Brooklyn, New York. The name of the game is a combination of your nickname with the word “word” in English.
In the game, you have six attempts to get into a secret English language of only five letters.
As you submit your guesses, the game draws the letters of your word. If the background turns green, then this letter and its position are correct. If it turns yellow, it’s because you got the letter right, but not its position in the word.
It’s this color scheme that can be replicated on Twitter with a simple copy and paste command.
The fun of the game is that it only provides one word per day. Therefore, players end up ‘continuing’ and coming back every day – creating a habit that reinforces ‘addiction’.
Tips for playing words
– As it has already been said: green square means the correct letter in the correct position; yellow box It means the correct letter in the wrong position.
– There is no point in writing anything: the game only accepts Real wordss in English, indexed in your program.
The most frequently used letters in the English language are . E, T, A, I, ON, S, H e R.
– On the first try, use some A word with many of these lettersEspecially vowels. For example, table.
– From the second try, Never repeat the first letters of the word which are not painted green or yellow. This increases your chances (remember that you only have six guesses in total).
– From the third try, if you already have more than two green letters and you still don’t know the word, it’s worth Test whether any character is repeated in another position.
– respect The most common English language pairs. For example: the letter H in the middle of a word is usually preceded by a T, S, or W.
– The most common letters in start of words In English is T, A, O, D, and W.
– The most common letters in end of words In English is E, S, D e T.
If you don’t speak English, Portuguese language versions are also starting to appear, such as condition.
Follow the start on social networks
Facebook social network: https://www.facebook.com/startuol/
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@start_uol?
“Friendly zombie fanatic. Analyst. Coffee buff. Professional music specialist. Communicator.”